Art, Beach & Relaxation Great Barrier Island
Take a day to enjoy art and relaxation on Great Barrier Island.
Great Barrier Island is an “off the grid” solar powered island and a unique experience looking at New Zealand as it was in the 1950’s. You can relax on pristine beaches, walk restful tracks and visit artists.
You could also enjoy yoga, Chi Gong or Shinrin-Yoku, ring in advance to book – their numbers are below.
Have a look at the choice of artist or gallery to visit, all are located in the Tryphena or Claris areas. Along this route you will see gorgeous white sand beaches to stop, rest, walk or swim (Medlands Beach is one to walk along), ask someone and find the mermaid pool. Tryphena has a café for lunch or coffee or purchase food and drink at Stonewall Store, which is next to the café.
We suggest you phone the places you choose to visit before you leave Auckland, let them know you are coming. Feel free to ask anyone on the island to help you with directions, there are no entry fees.
- Return same day airfares – must return same day if not a change fee is payable.
- Depart Auckland to Great Barrier Island Claris airport on the early flight.
- Depart Great Barrier Island Claris airport on the last flight of the day.
- Self drive hire car – you will need a licence to drive in New Zealand.
What to bring:
- Hat, sunscreen, warm jacket, swim wear, cash & credit card.
$248 per person, minimum 2 people
One adult alone $496
One adult with child $496
Extra adult or child $200 per person (to a maximum 4 persons. More than 4 persons purchase 2nd package).
Book your Great Barrier Island Art and Relaxation Day Tour via:
Choose Your Own Itinerary – Build Your Own Trip:
- Pick your car up at Claris airport.
- If you catch the early morning flight have coffee or breakfast at My Fat Puku. This is a 2 minute drive or 6 minute walk from Claris airport, Fly My Sky will point you in the right direction.
- Choose to visit one of the many beautiful beaches or visit local artists located around the island. Make sure to contact the artist(s) you wish to visit prior to arrival, to ensure they can accomodate you. Choose from a range of options below: